Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I just got acquired by Citrix!

In a great vote of confidence for the small startup I joined just four months ago, Citrix has acquired Cloud.com! The deal was announced yesterday. I can't complain of vertigo - one of my colleagues had joined Cloud.com only one day before becoming a Citrix employee. Now that's quick turnaround.

Citrix has treated us very well so far. Last night they gave us a very nice welcome dinner where I enjoyed chatting with top Citrix execs, including their CEO Mark Templeton, a very personable guy. It meant a lot to me that he took the trouble to sit down with us for the evening and meet everyone. Yes, Cloud.com is (I suppose I should now say "was") small enough that you could meet and talk with every U.S. staff member over dinner.

Looking forward to joining another new team and seeing how I can contribute as well as learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment