Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Big Day for My Project

lot happened today. My company put out a new software release and announced the project is joining the Apache Foundation - making this release especially visible. Some of us stayed up until the scheduled release time (4:30 am Pacific) to make sure everything went smoothly. In my case, this wasn't required -- I just didn't want to miss the fun, and I was able to contribute some last-minute fixes that will really help the people who use the software.

The following paragraph in a press release brought home to me how much the work I do matters. I am single-handedly responsible for all the product documentation for use by more than 30,000 community members, hundreds of clouds, and $1 billion in revenue. Jeepers! I knew that big-name companies (British Telecom, GoDaddy, Zynga, Intel) use our stuff, but seeing it all added up like that really brings it home.

"The Citrix sponsorship of the ASF is in addition to its announcement today that it will relicense its CloudStack project under the Apache License and submit its CloudStack code to the ASF. CloudStack includes a community of more than 30,000 active community members, thousands of certified apps, and hundreds of production clouds, collectively generating more than $1 billion in cloud revenue from some of the biggest brands in the industry. " - http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/news/news.asp?newsID=2323098

I guess I had better get  back to work. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment